Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's an eeeevil little toy!

(As of December 28, 2008).

Hello, All. It's a good day. Christmas has come and gone. The foot of snow that shut down Kitsap Peninsula for nearly a week is melting. My house isn't that messy. My baby is happy. My husband might get off duty early. Pastor had a good sermon this morning. It's a good day.
Yes, you read right. My husband is now home from the boat. He got home just in time for Christmas, and he brought gifts from the orient for us.
In return, we had gifts from American for him (that's a Broncos jersey if you don't know your football colors). And BooBoo (as I'm calling her right now) just enjoyed the wrapping paper.
I have only one complaint. It's this toy. . . . See this year was Niki's first Christmas, and I told my parents that I thought Niki needed toys with working parts. So far, so good. We got her a couple of wonderful toys, and they got her a couple of wonderful toys, but they also got her this "Learning Toolbox," which in itself isn't bad. It has light up shapes that she's supposed to hit with a little hammer rattle, and it counts outloud when when she hits it, or it names shapes and colors. Very educational, and she really likes it.

But it also does this little bit of positive reinforcement: it plays "This old man, he played one; he played knick-knack on my thumb" to encourage the baby to hit the lighted shape again. Now some of you will remember that a few years ago when Barney the Purple Dinosaur was at his peak that Barney took that tune and sang "I love you; you love me; we're a happy family" to it, and mischevious children took that and twisted it into death threats. I dreamed about chasing Barney with a baseball bat all night last night. I kid you not. I woke up thinking "Where did that come from? Why do I hate Barney so much?" Then BooBoo hit the lighted shape, and it all came back to me. I So I think I might pull the batteries out of that toy. It's a danger to my sanity.

1 comment:

JudiA said...

Oh, your house looks so pretty! Noisy toys can be pretty dangerous to a mom's sanity. My mom gave Lydia a singing teddy bear for her first Christmas... I took the batteries out of it. :-) Ask Seth if he remembers that bear. I think she still has it!