Saturday, December 13, 2008

Still growing.

And she's off, and nothing's going to get in her way! No, she's not actually crawling yet, but she is digging in drawers and climbing furniture and helping me wrap Christmas presents and pulling herself up in her crib. I'm beginning to think that she's going to forego crawling altogether and go straight from scooting to walking.

Our table has iron bars on the under side. I cringe every time she gets near one because she already has two bruises on her forehead from running into them, but she thinks they're great fun. This is Annika on her way down. She was halfway over the bar when I grabbed the camera.
She loves the drawers on the bottom of the china cabinet. She crawls out of her room in the morning and goes straight to the drawers and pulls them open and jiggles the handles and pulls all the stuff out.
'Tis the season of rustling paper, tape, and scissors. What baby doesn't love paper, tape, and scissors?

We've started some new foods too now that she's older. I thought we were supposed to avoid dairy products until one year, but the authorities ( Drs Sears, family doctor, my mother, and my mother-in-law) agree that babies of nine months can handle yogurt. Of course, feeding baby yogurt and letting baby feed herself yogurt are two different things. I was a little tired last night, so I just let her have the whole yogurt cup. Doesn't she look like an abstract painting? I'll call it arte enfant (would that be correct? I don't speak French.). What do you think?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your brave w/ the self feeding of yogurt! I still have to feed K that stuff and she's 12 months!

Jennifer A. said...

I wasn't brave. I was tired. I forgot that a minute before I gave her the yogurt cup, I had said "No, Niki. Let Mommy handle it."