Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tales of de Feet

Groan. Bad pun I know, but it seems like this week has had a footish theme. It all started Saturday evening when I looked down at my left foot and noticed that it no longer matched my right foot. It was broader and flatter, and it ached. In fact, my whole left side ached. So I made a doctor's appointment. Then yesterday I noticed that my left foot was actually a whole half inch longer than the right foot. How did that happen? Yes, I know that one foot is always naturally bigger than the other, but half an inch. Come on. I started freaking out a little.
I mentioned my predicament to a friend and she said, "Yeah. Didn't you know that your feet spread when you're pregnant?" (referring to Niki, of course). I knew that, but why was only one foot spreading? "Because you carry her on that side, and the hormones that loosen the tendons for labor are still in your body a little bit." And she was right. I always carry Niki on my left side. And I walk around barefoot or in my slippers a lot of the time for comfort, so I didn't have a lot of support. So my left foot spread, and now I have to put insoles in my slippers and all my shoes to make sure it doesn't happen more. Who'd have thought?

In other foot news, Niki succeeded in grabbing her right foot this morning. She didn't get it into her mouth, but she had a very solid grip on it. She almost succeeded in getting her sock off with her hands (as opposed to just letting it fall off).

Finally, Niki and I have new walking buddies. I don't have pictures, but I made the acquaintance of the cutest little boy, Hayden, and his mother, Julie. They live down the street from us. She invited me to pop over last week, so I popped over today, and Grandma answered the door. Julie was in the hospital, giving birth to her second son. So Grandma and Hayden and Niki and I went for I walk, and I found out that little Hayden has leukemia. Hwe just got out of the hospital two weeks ago. He's not even two years old. So please keep him and his family in your prayers.

No comments: