Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Still coughing.

Hi, everyone.

I went to the doctor yesterday because Sunday, I was absolutely miserable with this cold. While I'm waiting for my appointment, I strike up a conversation with a woman sitting across from me. Turns out she was waiting for a biopsy (Pray for her please. She isn't inclined toward prayer herself). I'm sitting there trying to think of encouraging things to say, and she's looking at me with concern. "Are you sure you're alright?" she asks. "You don't sound so good."

Now I've got a doozy of a cold, but all I have is a cold. The doctors (I got a doctor and a medical student.) both agreed that there was no reason for concern. They gave me some Benadryl (which is about as pregnancy safe as medicines get. You can pass that information along.) and a cough suppressant, let me hear the baby's heart beat (strong and fast, just like it's supposed to be), and sent me on my way. But I still have to laugh over the fact that a woman who was weighing the possibility of cancer found my symptoms severe enough to distract her.

Being as sick as I am, I once again have to thank God for my wonderful husband who came home from two days on the boat and offered to wait on me hand and foot so I could rest. He must have been raised well. Very considerate. And I am also grateful for my friends and family who have offered all manner of advice (stewed carrots! Who'd have thought?) and assistance. Speaking of which, I haven't taken my vitamin C yet today. I'd better go do that.

Love to you all.

Jennifer

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Aww... I'm sorry to hear you're still suffering from the dreaded cold. Here's some healthy vibes for you, "~~~~". There, how do you feel now?

Hope you feel better, soon!

Kelly said...

Well, Jennifer, I went for a Biopsy about a month ago for a mole and I guess it was the grace of God that I thought very little about facing cancer...I mostly thought about everything I enjoy doing. Maybe that day, that Lady was the same: God gaver her the grace to think about something else, maybe something she really enjoys...talkking to other people. Who really knows?