Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hello, all.

I've been dying to update my blog, but I haven't really had anything to write. I'm getting tired of regaling people with the ills and woes of pregnancy. (I know something's getting old when I'm tired of complaining about it.) In that regard, I am slightly better. The constant feeling of nausea and regurgitation is gone. Mostly now, I'm just tired, and in a week or two that's supposed to go away too. Lately, I've been managing to cook and clean and generally maintain the house. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I have energy again. Finish all the projects I meant to do this summer maybe.

On the other hand, I have a cold. I am not happy with my cold. It's probably what's sucking up all my energy. And I'm worried that if I sneeze too hard, I might blow the baby right out of me (Alright, the joke is in bad taste, but if you've ever heard me sneeze, you know why the thought occurred to me).

Max has a new friend outside the fence. There's a big black and white dog with a Harley Davidson collar running around the neighborhood. I've been thinking that if I take Max for a walk, he might follow, and we can find out where he lives, but he's already been chased home once, and he came back, so there's probably no one at home to receive him. It's a shame. He's a beautiful dog.

My neighbor dropped by with a book from the library reject pile. It's called Expect the Unexpected When You're Expecting. It's a parody on all those pregnancy books. Now I haven't read any of those pregnancy books. I've contented myself with some Internet research, but they're so well known and so infamous for making mothers-to-be paranoid out of their minds that I am sure I will enjoy it.

Love to you all.
Jennifer

1 comment:

Alicia said...

It is great to see you're geting over the nausea. Can't see how that would be any kind of way to celebrate a new pregnancy.

Too bad about the cold. Hopefully it will grace you for only a day or two.

And really, we don't care if for 7 out of the nine months you complaing about pregnancy. Lord knows pregnancy isn't always convient in making our lives easier. And sometimes, it's easier to complain and get it off your chest so as not to have to think about it all the time.

Things will (and I see are starting) to get better. Best wishes- and keep us informed on all the ups and downs!