Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'd like to know.

Alicia tagged me a while ago. The rules of the tag are that I have to list ten random things and then tag ten people. I'll worry about tagging people later. But for now, here are ten random things.

See I just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and while I enjoyed it immensely, I felt that the dennoument (the wrap up where everything gets explained) didn't explain enough. So I'd like to know

1. What happened to Luna Lovegood? She plays a prominent role in the last three books and then disappears in the epilogue. Is that fair?

2. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do for a living 19 years later? Seth says that maybe they're independently wealthy. I want to know if Harry ever became an auror. Or maybe Trelawney hit it on the head for once, and he did become minister of magic.

3. How did Hermione's parents handle a wizarding wedding? Or did Hermione have a muggle wedding, these things being planned by the bride?

4. Do wizarding mothers get morning sickness? (Okay, that is totally an extrapolation of my own imagination. I would in no way expect her to put that in the book, but I have been wondering.)

5. Who is minister of magic, if it isn't Harry? 19 years would be a little long for Kingsley Shacklebolt to hold the position. Maybe Mr. Weasley got the job for a while. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

6. Who is headmaster of Hogwarts? McGonnegal would surely have retired by now, and Neville is teaching herbology. It really should be someone we know. It's only right.

7. How is George doing in the Wizarding Wheeze business? Can he be just as creative on his own, with only one ear?

8. What happened to Dudley? He makes a big character turn around, and then he vanishes. I think it would be funny if one of Dudley's children turns out to be magical.

9. Were giants, house elves, and goblins more accepted in wizarding circles after the defeat of Voldemort? Maybe Hermione uses her status to become an activist on their behalf.

10. How is Albus Severus Potter ever going to live down that name? And what is James's middle name? Sirius? Remus? Arthur? Harry? Cedric? Ron? There are lots of candidates for that one.

1 comment:

JudiA said...

Good points!! I was wondering if and how Hermione ever retrieved her parents from Australia...

AND, I'd just like to say (in the humblest manner possible) (VBG)... ahem... I WAS RIGHT!

We're still only on chapter 20 here, which is irritating Alice no end, so I can't gloat to anyone else yet. Please forgive, LOL!

Love,

MomA