Thursday, April 29, 2010

What shall I call this post?

My head isn't working especially smoothly this evening, but it's been a wonderful day, and it's also been a while since the grandparents got any new Boogaloo pictures. I haven't really had time to take pictures lately, but when I realized that we had gone two whole weeks without a single picture taken, I grabbed the camera and made some time. After all, Daddy is counting on a continuous stream of information about his little girl.



Today was so gorgeous that we actually went outside without coats. Boogaloo, being at an age where it doesn't matter what one wears, also went outside without pants. She was, however, careful to take her sun hat, and when she dropped it and I put it away, she took mine.
She really loves my hat and her Sunday shoes.
Boogaloo is at an age where she's very interested in nature. She's beginning to distinguish between birds and butterflies. She recognizes bees and their distant cousins. And she picks flowers, which she calls "wishes." A little friend got her started on that. They began with dandelions, which, as you know, will grant you a wish if you blow all their seeds off in one try. Soon Boogaloo was pulling the heads off all the dandelions in my yard, and I encouraged her. After all, if they have no heads, they can't reproduce. But now all flowers are becoming wishes. The California poppies by the mailbox are no longer safe, and today she picked part of my bleeding heart. I can see that I'm going to have to reinforce the arbitrary distinction between plant and weed.


And here is a special bit for Daddy who is away from us right now. Love you, Love.


No comments: