Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Lord has helped my unbelief!

This is so cool. About three days ago, I got an email request to pray for the young lady mentioned below. I was in one of those "I will believe that God answers prayer even though I don't feel like I believe it" modes, so I prayed every time I looked at my email inbox and saw her name. And God Answered. Check it out.

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Pinkham
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 6:23 AM
Subject: Miracle!
Dear Friends,

I have a wonderful story to tell you. On Saturday March 20, Lauren, who is about 20 and a friend of Missy our granddaughter, was skateboarding way too fast without a helmet. She crashed and suffered some internal organ damage, but mostly damaged her brain. She lives on the Peninsula so was airlifted to downtown Seattle where she underwent 2 brain surgeries to relieve the pressure from bleeding. Shannon, our daughter, stayed with Lauren’s mom that night and most of the next day. Lauren’s dad was on a sub in the Caribbean and just happened to call that evening. When I heard of this I was just leaving a church service, so I grabbed a couple pastors and we prayed. Then I called my healing room buddies to pray also. Lynda is of course calling every one she knows to pray too.

The brain surgeries where successful in removing the pressure, but she was on life support for a couple of days. Then she opened her eyes and was making some sign of contact but only with people she knew. Then, about Tuesday, the progress stopped. The MRI showed that she had brain sheer. That means your brain got shaken VERY hard and in her situation, the center of the brain was severely damaged, synapses broken everywhere. This is the section of the brain that controls all your vital functions. This much damage usually results in the brain actually dying. The Doctors said that if she did not show signs of recovery by Friday the 25th, yesterday, they were going to ship her to a nursing home. No point in even trying rehab! So needless to say we were all praying for a miracle, that the synapses would reconnect. Well this is the text that I got from Shannon last evening.

“Major breakthrough with Lauren!!! She was given a 25% chance of coming out of a vegetative state yesterday, they told her family that she was not a rehab candidate and to make plans for nursing home care. They said that if she does not make intentional movements by today (Friday), off to the nursing home.

Next Text: “Today she has: hugged her father, high-fived an RN and her Dad, grabbed her Dads guitar out of his hands and strummed it with cueing and assistance!!! She grabbed a flower out of her Moms hand, and she pulled off her glove (wears to protect her) and pulled her legs up to sit cross legged, scooted herself up in her bed!!!

Miracle…absolute miracle!!! Keep praying!!! It works….”


HAVE A GLORIOUS EASTER!

Tom Pinkham

No comments: