Tuesday, April 6, 2010

well, he's gone. again.

Yup, we have started another deployment. With the Lord's provision, this is the second-to-last time that I will have to drive my husband to the base and kiss him goodbye with tears in my eyes. This one's going to be a little longer than usual, but we're almost done. Nothing short of WWIII could convince my husband to stay in the Navy past his due, and I'm starting to agree with him.

For one thing, raising a toddler by oneself is not fun. Boogaloo didn't even wait a day to prove the old Navy maxim "It always happens when the guys are away." She fell off my lap and sprained her shoulder this evening. Now she's resting under the influence of Tylenol, and I'm winding down before I go to bed, anticipating being up at least twice to redrug her. And no one to relieve me tomorrow when I get tired.

And for another thing, I think Boogaloo is beginning to register his absences. She's been out of sorts all day, even before she fell. I let the dog out at naptime, and she thought the squeaky door was daddy coming home. She wanted daddy when mommy was mean enough to make her lie still for x-rays. Daddy could make the owie go away. But daddy's gone. That means she had to snuggle with me, and I don't get anyone to snuggle with.

The morning show I was listening to this morning asked people to describe the last time they had cried. I thought that was fitting then, and I think it more so now. I'd feel a lot better if I could just muster the tears.

Good night.

2 comments:

JudiA said...

Oh sweetie, my heart aches for you. I know there isn't anything anywhere that can make the days pass faster, but they *will* pass. I wish I could think of something to cheer you up a little.
Big hugs,
momA

Kelly Ram said...

I just want to give you a hug Jennifer! I just want to give you a shoulder to cry on. I wish I were there to relieve you!! I would if I could...if you need a vacay, come on over to Mich, Sarah and I will be here!