Sunday, November 2, 2008

First Halloween & First Chocolate

Let the season of milestones begin. first Halloween, first costume, first autumn leaves -- we are so there. Here are some pictures from Niki's first Halloween Harvest Party. Unfortunately I was working most of the evening, so I didn't get any pictures, but the church photographer managed to get a one of Niki and a few of me. Niki was supposed to be a dalmation, but she overran her diaper all over that costume, so
she went as a tiger cat instead. You can't see the ears or the cute little nose because she refused to leave the hood on. That doesn't bode well for when the weather gets cold.
The lady holding Niki is Lavonne, an old college classmate of my parents who goes to my church. Ain't it a small world? (Lavonne's husband Will was the Will who went in for a marrow transplant but eventually succumbed to leukemia. She appreciates prayer.)

My costume was supposed to be Marian the Librarian from The Music Man, but it turned more into an Anne of Green Gables sort of thing. Alas for shoulder-length brown hair when it should be long and red. Someday I will learn to make my hair stay put under a hat too.
Now these below were taken this morning after church. That is Niki with her first chocolate cookie. I hadn't been intending to give her chocolate until her first birthday, but she took the cookie right out of my hand and proceeded to plaster it all over her face, as babies should do. And the photographer just happened to be near by enough to catch us once again.


I'm so glad he was there. Some moments are meant to be recorded.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

K recently had her first cookie and her face looked a lot like Niki's.

Adorable. The 2nd choice costume was great as well.