Monday, September 8, 2008

Perfect baby.




Grandma and Niki on Labor Day

We just got done with Niki's six month appointment. Boy, she's a big kid. 29.5 inches (100th percentile). 20 lbs., 13.3 oz., (99th percentile). Perfectly healthy. Perfectly happy. According to the doctor (the doctor, mind you), I've got a perfect kid.

Niki getting to know carrots. Niki getting to know Aunty Laura.

Niki with a carrot beard. Ain't she a mess?


Niki deciding that she's not sure about car travel.

She's so precious. She's learning so much. This afternoon, while I was talking to my mom, I think she picked up on three new things. She's sweet and happy and intelligent, and so, so precious. I look at her, and I see what people mean about people being made in the image of God. I look into her eyes, and I can see a bright, curious, happy soul. And I wonder how anyone could think that a baby is anything less than a person. Every baby killed by abortion is a bright soul like Niki.

Beginning September 24th, people around the country are going to join in 40 days of prayer and fasting and peaceful demonstration to see an end to abortion. They are not lobbying politicians or approaching customers. They wait for people to come to them, and they are seeing results. Please go to this site and listen to what David Bereit (40 Days for Life) has to say and then look for an organization near you. http://40daysforlife.com/blog/?p=127 Odds are there is one, and if not, you can still participate via the Internet.

We really can save lives.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What an awesome cause. I totally agree with you. I think our faith values are quite similar.

Now, onto that beauty of yours: My goodness she IS tall. Kenzie was said to be 31 inches at her 9 month visit, but I get 29 here at home consistantly and she IS tall, too!! Little beauty queens in the making. (PS: You might want to check you carseat,too, because MOST infant seats cap out at 29 inches)!

Love and prayers.

Kelly said...

yeah she looked big for the car seat in that pic.

I'm not surprised that she's so big...you and Seth are not short people!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness gracious! She is a big girl! But Kelly is right... you and Seth are both tall, its no wonder she's taking after the two of you! Poor Kyra doesn't have a chance of ever being in the 99 or 100th percentile because Jer is barely average and I'm below!