Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hope.

Have you ever watched a rainbow grow?

I was eating breakfast this morning about the time the sun was coming over the trees and clouds were lighting up, and just above the trees was a glimpse of color. Then the light gathered into bands and began to climb.



I tried to get a panoramic shot of it, but I'm not that camera knowledgable, so you'll have to be content with half pictures.

Rainbows are symbols of hope, and it occurs to me that we could all use a rainbow these days. The economy is shaky. The election is less than satisfactory. The weather is destructive. North Korea is fussing again. But God is in control, and he puts his rainbow in the sky as a sign that he's not ready to destroy the earth yet.

Another gesture of hope I saw this morning was in my email: 40 Days for Life reports two babies saved on the first day. Praise the Lord. Here's to many more.

Love to you all.

No comments: