Thursday, December 6, 2007

been a while

Hello, everyone.

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted, but life is keeping me on my toes. It seems like every holiday season I rediscover that one shouldn't plan to do much during the holidays. I was hoping that the next time I posted, I would be able to show you my new crib, all painted and set up and prepared for baby. Alas, the most we've been able to do is clean it. It's still standing in pieces in the corner of what is now still the tv room. We have also been looking at wall paper and other decorations for baby's room when it becomes baby's room, but now that we've had another ultrasound scheduled, we thought it best to wait. Actually, I don't feel like putting up wall paper anyway.

I was also hoping to show some progress in the mural in my kitchen, but no such luck. The business of being pregnant has just been too much for me. I haven't even baked Christmas cookies yet, let alone applied more paint to walls. Plus we'd like to get the crib set up before Seth leaves, so it has first dibs on the paint and brushes.

Still, as far as forward progress is concerned, we do have a crib. We have a couple of outfits, a nightlight, some character decorations, a crib pad, and a comforter. This weekend, we'll be checking in with a Navy friend of Seth's who says he has an abundance of baby stuff to get rid of. (I hope he's asked his wife about getting rid of it. She might be planning on more kids.) I have another promise from a neighbor of a bassinet and a carrier plus other assorted nursery items. I was wondering where all these things were going to come from. I was worried about it. But God is providing in wonderful ways. And I don't even know the gender of my baby yet.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Painting the crib? Did someone build it for you or is it a fixer upper? Jer painted Kyra dresser and bookshelf because they were fixer-uppers. To this day he's still proud to say he made it look that good!

Its amazing how God works, providing you with all (or most) of what you'll need for your new bundle of joy!

Don't sweat getting the little stuff done, because in the long run, a painted mural is tiny in comparison to preparing for a baby.
Don't get me wrong, it looks good (or what I've seen in your pictures) but people will hardly be looking at your walls when they visit you and the babe.

With you saying that Seth is leaving soon and won't make the birth- does that mean he's going on deployment? Oh, I hope not!