Saturday, April 28, 2007

Going a little bonkers

There is a documented emotional process associated with the spouses of military personnel while said military personnel are deployed. It has seven stages, if I remember correctly, and I think I've been going through all of them over this past week. They let Seth come home for the weekend because they were in a home port, and so help me, my physical, mental, emotional, and psychological being has been askew ever since. I've been so restless that I'm surprised that I managed to sit down and type this. Nothing seems to be worth doing, and yet, I have to keep busy. I can't just sit down and read a book or watch a movie. Everything seems to grate my nerves. I'm intolerably lonely, but I can't stand the thought of company. I'm sick of being in the house, but I dread the thought of taking Max for a walk. The poor dog hasn't been on a walk for four days. I really owe him some time out of the yard.

On a positive note, today was absolutely gorgeous. I actually hung the wash out on the line instead of using the dryer. It's clouding over again now and getting chilly, but earlier today was practically summer. I wish I had spent more time out in it.

But Seth will be home soon, and I haven't been entirely idle these past few days. I was called in to substitute both Thursday and Friday. Plus there are an abundance of chores that get put aside when one is working. I'm really rather proud of how much I accomplished today -- laundry, dishes, doggy do, vacuuming, plus all the handwashables, one chocolate cake, and a Sunday school lesson. I still have VBS scheduling, closet sorting, and table clearing available to me. I think they might carry me until bedtime.

Best to you all.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Good gracious, slow down! You're making *me* tired.

As for the seven stages thing, been there, done that, going through it again, hate it, and you're not alone(even when it feels that way). You'll be out of the Navy life soon... I hope. Seth hasn't re-enlisted right?

So go on, get out and enjoy the sun and warmth when it comes your way. It may seem like a chore at first, but it is worth it in the end. I am also jealous you have a clothes line... I love the way it makes the clothes smell fresh!