Thursday, May 3, 2007

He's back.

That's right. My one and only dearest husband is currently sitting in the back room playing Titan Quest on the laptop. He got back late Monday night and turned the boat over to the other crew yesterday. Today was just a matter of picking up his mail and moving the boat staff into their offices. I got him home by 1:30. How about that? Next week, we're hoping to do a little adventuring in the little time he has off, so I may post some "vacation" pictures.

My most pressing distraction while waiting for Seth has been gardening. I'm not usually that concerned with plants and arrangements, but every now and again, the fit takes me, and I spend half an afternoon out in the yard making things look nice. I transplanted a bleeding heart plant a couple of days ago (and it's still alive). Monday, I went through my flower gardens and pulled weeds like a fury (morning glory is a beautiful flower, but it is also a pernicious weed), and today my neighbor brought me a bunch of pansies and bulbs that her Temple (Mormon) pulled up, so I spent the morning putting together the front flower bed. It doesn't look like much now, but I'm eager to see the tulips when they come up next year.




The backyard also got a dose of gardening treatment. I'm planting a small herb garden by the laundry room door. At present it only has mint and crocuses in it, but I add more as I find them. The pots have garlic in them. I have no idea how to plant garlic, so I just stuck my sprouting cloves in the pots, and now I'm waiting to see what happens. I've never had much of a green thumb, so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work, but I would like to have fresh herbs for Seth's food. He likes fresh herbs. The little bits of color on the end were provided by I. (4) and E.(3), my neighbor's oldest daughters. I invited them over to help me grub in the dirt, and they "planted" some flowers from the yard in my garden.

Max has been enjoying all this time outdoors. He prefers to have company when he runs outdoors. And he was overjoyed to see Seth again.

Gotta go get washed up. Today is the National Day of Prayer. Christians from all over Kitsap County are meeting at the fairgrounds to pray together. Hope to join you in prayer.

Love to you all.

Jennifer

2 comments:

JudiA said...

Your yard will be beautiful in a few weeks. Just don't forget to keep things watered. (Go ahead... ask me how I know that. Sigh...) Max looks as happy as you sound. We had a most inspiring Bible study and prayer meeting tonight -- it's good to know we were together in that spirit. Give Seth a hug for me. You made it!

Alicia said...

Can't wait for you to post the pictures later this summer when your garden, and herbs, are all in full bloom.

I planted a garden when I was pregnant with Kyra, and it bloomed all summer long. Much to my surprise, nearly all of it came back to bloom last year too. Sadly, my old house and garden have both been torn down... and we're not home this summer to plant a new garden in our new house. Maybe next summer... for now, I'll have to enjoy looking at your garden!