Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My little monkeyshines.

Okay, the pictures on my blog refuse to let me arrange them to go along with my text, but it's been at least a month since the grandparents have gotten new baby pictures, so we're going to play a game. I'm going to caption the pictures the way I would have if they were in order, and you get to guess which order they come in.

We had Easter brunch at church, and I forgot to bring a bib, so we tried to protect the dress with a dishtowel tied around her neck. Effective? Not so much. So by the time we got to Easter dinner, it didn't really matter that a lot of it went down her front. I was beginning to cringe every time I glanced at her dress and hope desperately that I hadn't gotten dry clean only by mistake.
Here is a poor attempt to capture her culinary artwork. The spots got bigger as they were farther down the dress. Happy Easter, everybody, or Happy Resurrection Day, as we used to say. This year Seth and I followed the great tradition of getting Annika her first Easter dress. Doesn't she just look like a little lady with a bit of ballerina thrown in?


Well appearances can be deceiving. This little lady knew no restraint in her lovely dress. She was all over everything in it.
In other news, Boo Boo has discovered how to climb.


I'll turn around for an instant, and she'll be up on something: a couch, a chair, a step, a stroller. She's so proud of herself. She can't understand why I make her get down.
She started by climbing into things, like the furnace vent cupboard.

Not pictured: She also likes climbing out of my arms and onto the table. We've had a few boo boos (no pun intended), like the way she took half the skin off her nose when she went down the front steps at a roll, but for the most part, she's handling the development rather well.
That's all for now. Here's hoping my next post will be in order.
Love you all.
Jennifer

No comments: