Sunday, October 5, 2008

Football season.

Seth once asked me how I would feel if our daughter wanted to go out for her highschool football team. I said that as long as she could make the team under her own power, I didn't mind. I think that somewhere deep inside of me, Niki heard us. See, the football serves as her doorstop. I figure she can't hurt her head or choke on it, and it won't roll on its own (it's a little flat). And one day this past week, she achieved a good solid grip on it . . . And now she's ready to play.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Stinkin' adorable!!

Kelly said...

baseball is more dangerous...90mph small hard ball flying at your body without any padding. Heck, Rugby is more dangerous (a kid at the school Don taught in Fiji broke his neck the year before I left...he's a quadriplegic). Hockey could even be questionably more dangerous. So Football is good.