Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Coming together.

While I'm waiting for dinner to get done, I might as well do something productive. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go to bed early tonight. I might get more sleep that way. Who knows?

Gradually things are coming together in preparation for baby. I'm working on my birth plan and beginning my conditioning exercises (What, just beginning? Yes, I've never managed to exercise with consistency, so now in this last month, I have a lot of stretching to do.).

Baby's little needs are gradually starting to come together too. For instance, if you look closely, you can see a pack of diapers, an enormous stack of onsies, and some sleepers all stacked on the second shelf of the changing table. The bottom shelf has three sheets, four blankets, and four receiving blankets. I will probably need more receiving blankets, but that's enough to start with. The two bags on top of the changing table will not be there permanently. One is mine for labor and one is baby's. They're not fully packed yet, so I can't put them away.

The crib has a sheet on it and the bumper is installed. Don't worry, you experienced moms, I will take the comforter off before I put baby in. Baby is going to sleep in a bassinet in my room for the first several months anyway. Oh, shoot, I forgot to take a picture of the bassinet. Maybe next time. Meanwhile, I am fully into the last stages of pregnancy. You wouldn't know it to look at me (at least that's what I'm told), but I have 3 weeks and 4 days until my due date. I have no memory capacity to speak of. I can't type anything right the first time. I am exhausted. I make funny noises when baby kicks me in the solar plexus. I am almost always hungry (finally), and I have a lot of heartburn. In fact, to fix the heartburn at night, Mom and I have rigged up this monstrosity of furniture. Or at least I thought it was a monstrosity the first time we put it together. There are seven pillows and one stuffed dog sitting there, arranged in imitation of a recliner. Does it work? Well, napping during the day has become more comfortable, but I'm still not sleeping at night. I don't want my whole schedule to get turned around like that, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's healthy to fight it.

Mom says I need to put together a list of what I still need so that people can get that information off my blog. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Aww... you are a beautiful little pregnant lady! I can't say I looked that well put together in my last month of pregnancy!