Monday, July 16, 2007

Announcement!

Well,
I suppose it's about time I posted the news: I'm pregnant. I am actually pregnant. It's a little hard to believe. In fact, if it weren't for the morning sickness, dizziness, and exhaustion, I'm not sure I would believe it at all (Maybe that's why God invented morning sickness).

I am currently five weeks along by the hospital count. We found out about a week and a half ago, although we had suspicions two weeks before that. It was kind of funny. Seth looked at me one day and said, "You know, I think you might be pregnant." What do you know, I was. Am.

I think we are both hoping for a boy. I've started referring to the baby as "he" already. Seth says that every girl ought to have a big brother. Now, I've never had a big brother, but I've always dreamed of having a big brother (cousins don't count), so I'll concede the point. Speaking of Seth, he is very attentive and makes sure that I never overdo anything. He did the dishes for me last week, and if you knew how I do dishes (I usually let them pile up until there are no more spoons), you know what a kind gesture that is!

I think even Max can tell something is up. For a while, he was sniffing every step I took, and he curls up next to me every time I lay down, like he's trying to make sure I'm alright. I think that's a good sign, though he might be a bit more hostile when the new arrival arrives and he has competition for making the most noise in the house.

One more Internet stop today. I've got to put this on my facebook for the people who don't know I have a blog. Then I'm going to lie down again. My only chore today is the dishes (see above) and I think it and this might be the only constructive things I manage. I'm so glad this part only lasts three months.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations Jen (and Seth)! I'm so excited for you!!

Oh no Jen, about that morning sickness, you're wrong. Morning sickness can last all nine months...I know a couple women that its happened to! One of them had morning sickness for all nine months of all three children she had! Oh I'm so excited for you!!

Alicia said...

Oh, yippee yippee yea! How much fun your going to have with this pregnancy and pending little one! I'm so excited for you! If you could see me now you know I've gleefully smiling and clapping... well not clapping now because I'm typing, but I was.

Anyhow, many many congrats to you and Seth!