Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Blip.

I asked some pointed questions at the end of my last blog.  I am not prepared to answer those questions yet.  Biblical themes of sexuality are wrapped up with so many other elements of life that separating  sexuality out and saying, "This is how we use our innate sexuality for good," is kind of the work of a lifetime.

However, it is the work in front of me because I have a preteen daughter.  And while at present, she is content to dress in jeans and Gryffindor t-shirts and watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle clips on YouTube <sigh> , I can already seen signs that she is beginning to develop her tastes and think of herself as a woman.  We are going to have to answer questions together, and if she is anything like me, we are going to have to come at it intellectually as well as all the other -ally's.  Sometimes, one just really needs to know why.

So yes, using one's womanhood, and correspondingly one's manhood, one's sexual nature is something that I'm going to be reflecting on a lot in the next couple of years.  I would love input -- verse suggestions, anonymous experiences, personal reflections.  You can send them to me via Facebook Messenger or to jnnfrtsm@gmail.com.  

No comments: