Monday, February 16, 2009

Boo boo getting bigger.

I've been looking at my blog and I realized that there's too much text on it and not enough pictures. The problem is that I don' t have a lot of pictures to post. It's not that Niki doesn't do something new and cute every day. It's just that lately, I've been too tired or too busy to grab the camera and snap a picture of her. Plus the camera is often in another room. Plus half the new things that she does are somewhat dangerous, so I have to stay close to the baby to make sure that adventure doesn't become disaster. But here are a few pictures of Niki and her latest developements:
Climbing -- that was one of those "Do I grab the camera or the baby?" moments.

Imitation -- She's washing off her high chair tray with an old wet wipe.


Appreciating Pake -- sometimes she finds Pake Jaap intimidating, but not this time.


And surviving. Actually, we're the ones who view surviving as an accomplishment. This is Seth with his 29th birthday cake.

But that's all I have. I thought I had more pictures, but I've been too wrapped up in life to record it properly. 40 Days for Life is only nine days away (sign up now. You'll be glad you did -- www.40daysforlife.com), and there is more to do than could ever be done by our little committee. We want the whole world to rise in defense of unborn life, and so few people seem to appreciate the magnitude of the crisis caused by abortion and the denigration of human life in infancy. The fact seem so obvious -- 115,000 babies aborted every day, lives viable at 23 weeks can still be terminated at 36 weeks, post-abortive women are 50% more likely to attempt suicide -- there are no positives here! How can something like this be regarded as common place?
In the midst of my frustration, some of my friends, who are more experienced in the pains of advocacy, sent me this blog address. It contains a video of a 12-year-old girl and her remarkably articulate criticism of abortion. She made waves, and people listened. Check out her speech and her story and be encouraged. Or be challenged.
See y'all later, probably after April 5th. :) Sigh.

No comments: