Monday, June 16, 2008

baby pictures

I've been receiving complaints that there haven't been any recent pictures of Niki on my blog (and to tell you the truth, I've been kind of frustrated myself). The simple reason for that is that I can't get the pictures I want out of her. Niki is adorable, but she's not one of those babies that lights up when they see a camera. In fact, she usually looks unbearably concerned or just hides.

This is her usual expression when I'm trying to get a picture:
If not this:And sometimes this:



I don't know if she finds the camera so fascinating that she focuses on it instead of on whatever made her smile, or if she finds it so intimidating that it wipes the smile off her face, or if she's just so bashful that she prefers not to be seen in all her gorgeous cuteness smiling at the camera. What I do know is that she'll be cooing, gurgling, and giggling until I pull out the camera, and then I get Baby Big Eyes. Adorable yes, but I'd like to show off a bit more of her more personable personality.

I took these pictures of Seth and Niki on Fathers' Day. It was Seth's first Fathers' Day. He said that when he saw me come into the living room with his present, he wondered who it was for. "I think that's the moment that I actually realized I was a father," he said. (Took him long enough ;). ) As you can see, Niki loves her daddy. He can even get her to smile for the camera,
a little bit.

Happy Fathers' Day!

p.s. Update on Will -- his medications are working, and he is in stable condition. He is still sedated, but the doctors are no longer alarmed. Please keep praying.

4 comments:

JudiA said...

OK, I think I've stopped laughing enough to actually type something. That page is PERFECT for a scrapbook; it captures so much personality from all involved, including you. You are SO funny, with a gift for understatment. Thanks for the photos -- we can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.

Love,
MomA

Lisa said...

Beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures; thanks for sharing! She is absolutely adorable!Take care... Carma

Alicia said...

So she's a bit shy of the camera, eh? Like her Mama, much? I don't recall seeing any of YOU and the always adorable Niki!