Friday, March 7, 2008

Here she is!

Just some pictures and some captions. I don't have enough energy for a full account. Annika Ruth Atsma was born Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 8:10 am. 8 lbs, 7.7 oz. 20.5 inches long.

Here is baby in mom's arms the evening after she was born.
close up: she has blue eyes, and she looks at everything very intently. mom says she's not seen that much alertness in a newborn.
Grandma B. holding baby.
Baby home on Thursday. Sleeping briefly.




What a face! She doesn't mind the camera, but she's not a ham, yet.
Above and below: Max's first encounter with baby. So far, he's been very well behaved, but he sure is fascinated by the noises that come from the bassinet.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Look how precious she is! And she looks like she is just so very content in all of the pictures. Aww... I want one!

Carma said...

Annika is adorable... congratulations! I'm glad everything went well! What a cutie pie!!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, Jennifer! Congratulations to you and Seth.

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

Congratulations!! She is just gorgeous! Cherish every second before you know it she will be walking. Take TONS of pictures. You may think your going overboard , but you'll thank yourself later. Good -luck New mommy!

Lisa said...

A HUGE congrats! She is too cute. I already miss the newborn stage. I don't have much advice- but cherish every single second. I often find myself writing little notes to Kenzie for when she is older she can read how each of her milestones melted my heart. Enjoy that little love bug..

Anonymous said...

yay! she's a sweetie!

my advice is to not get too caught up in how much she's eating ... sometimes you'll worry it's not enough, sometimes you'll worry it's too much. as long as she's wetting diapers and growing then she's eating the "right amount." every baby is different and it'll just add to your stress level to compare her with others (unless she's the one doing better, lol).

good luck!!

Lisa said...

Me again. Ditto on what Joelle said. I have been driving myself crazy counting ounces because she doesn't eat as much as some 3-month olds...Not worth the stress- shoot, each feed is a different amount these days!

Heather said...

Hi there! I'm Heather and I was directed over here by the lovely Alicia. You little girl is just absolutely precious!! It is making me miss the newborn stage!! Definitely write notes to her. They will be something she can treasure forever. Also, stop worrying about cleaning the house so much. Do what you can, but honestly? It is more important to spend the time with your little sweetie. It is going to go by faster than you can imagine!